By accessing this Website and any of its pages, you accept the terms set out below, and by continuing to use this Website following the posting of any changes to these terms, you will signify your consent to the changes made.
No Offer or Solicitation
The information on this Website and its contents are provided for information purposes only and do not constitute a transaction, a solicitation of an offer, an invitation or an offer to buy or sell, whether as principal or agent, any securities, futures, options or other financial instruments or provide any service or investment advice.
Risk Disclosure Statements
Investment involves risks. Investors should note that the investment value may fall as well as rise and past performance may not be indicative of future performance. Independent professional advice should be sought prior to making any investment decision. The Group expressly disclaims any legal liability for any claim for any loss (whether direct or indirect) of the use of the information provided on this Website.
Trademarks, Copyrights and other Intellectual Property
Use of hyperlinks to other internet sites or resources is at users' own risk. The contents, accuracy, opinion expressed, and other links provided at these sites are not investigated, verified, monitored, or endorsed by the Group. The Group expressly disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy, contents, availability or omission of information found on sites that link to or from this Website. Users are solely responsible for making all enquiries and investigation before proceeding with any online or offline access or transaction with any of these third parties. The Group emphasizes that all activities conducted by users via or at this Website are at their own risk. The Group does not warrant the security of any information which the users may forward or be requested to provide to any third parties. By agreeing to and accepting the terms hereof, the users are deemed to have irrevocably waived all their claims against the Group if any for whatever loss or damage they may suffered as a result of any access to, or interaction with, any other websites via this website and its hyperlinks.
To the extent that any software is made available or provided to you on this Website, the Group grants to you a non-exclusive, limited and personal licence to download and use the software for your own personal, non-commercial use only. No other rights to the software are granted. All rights including intellectual property rights in the software remain the property of the Group or the relevant licensors or owners of the software and, except as permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, modify or tamper with the software.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will any member of the Group be liable or have any responsibility for damages of any kind, whether direct, indirect, special, consequential or incidental, resulting from access or use of, or inability to access or use, this site or any sites or pages linked to this site, including (without limitation) damages resulting from the act or omission of any third party, even if any member of the Group has been advised of the possibility thereof.
- the daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to customers;
- conducting credit checks;
- assisting other institutions to conduct credit checks;
- ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of customers;
- designing financial services or related products for customers' use;
- marketing financial services or related products;
- determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by customers;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any legal and/or regulatory requirements or court orders binding on the Group; and
- purposes relating to any of the above.
- securities, futures, options, commodities, derivatives, funds, bonds, wealth management and insurance related services and products;
- reward, loyalty or privileges programmes in relation to the class of marketing subjects as referred to in clause b(i) above; and
- donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes. If a Customer does not wish the Group to use and/or transfer the Customer’s data for use in direct marketing, the Customer may, without charge, exercise the right to opt-out.
Data held by the Group relating to a customer will be kept confidential but the Group may provide such information to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, financial, trade execution, cash, securities and/or contracts clearing or settlement or other services to the Group in connection with the operation of its business;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Group including a group companies of the Group which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- any financial institution or dealer with which the customer has or proposes to have dealings;
- any credit reference agency and in the event of default, any debt collection agency;
- any actual or proposed assignee of the Group or participant or sub-participant or transferee of the rights of the Group in respect of the customer; and
- any exchange, entity, agency, regulatory or government body in any jurisdiction if required by law or pursuant to any court orders, rules or regulations to which the Group is subject. In such cases, the Group is usually under a duty of secrecy and will not be able to notify a customer or seek his consent in relation to such release of information.
- check whether the Group holds data about him and the right of access to such data;
- require the Group to correct any data relating to him which is inaccurate; and
- ascertain the Group's policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by the Group.